Friday, December 6, 2013

Vertical Bottle Tower Gardens

I've been working on making something similar to this:



And after making my own step-by-step instruction image, I found his... here


Kind of frustrating to work on something and then find out that someone has already done it!
 But our methods are different, my bottles are much lighter because I used styrofoam and less soil.
It all depends on what you're going to use it for, they can easily be adjusted for any purpose!

Here's what I did:


I then placed another empty bottle at the top, with the cap on - with only one small hole in it to let the water drip... I then did a permeability test and found that the lower bottle gets the first drop of water about a minute after I placed water in the top bottle. It takes about 10 seconds for water to travel through each bottle, but that depends on the type of soil used and the height of the soil...also, it might take more time -and more water- when the plant grows, so I'll need to repeat the test several weeks later! 



It flows! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment