Thursday, May 17, 2012

GREEN JUICE!

About time I post about my favorite drink in the whole wide world, that I discovered thanks to my lovely neighbour :)

GREEN JUICE!

This is what it looks like on Google:

And here's what it looks like when I make it (with a juicer, and finish it all in a second):

The ingredients are:

ALWAYS                              SOMETIMES
Spinach  300g                               Carrots 2-3
Pink Lady Apples 1-2           Curly Kale 200g
Beetroot   1-2                                    Kiwi 1-2

In case you're wondering, this is Curly Kale. Not as much iron content as Spinach, but it is very high in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, beta carotene and calcium, among other things you can't pronounce.
 

The apples add sweetness, especially Pink Lady apples (often decorated with a heart) so it makes it a lot easier when trying to cope with the idea of swallowing liquid spinach..
All in all, it's good for weight loss, combatting depression, boosting digestion, detoxing, improving your immunity (esp. with kiwi) and ultimately fighting cancer. I started drinking it so the iron in the spinach would make my hair grow faster. BUT since it's curly, it grows in curls and I find it impossible to measure its length correctly.
Whoever you are, it's good for you (unless you're on crazy meds or have an intolerance/allergy which you SHOULD know about).

Still, don't forget to drink at least 2 L of water if you want to keep your body hydrated! Thirst is only felt when your body starts to dehydrate, so don't wait!! 

That rhymed :D

Ok now, get yourself a juicer or a new favorite juice bar and drink up that greeeeen gooodness!
The fresher the better! ;)



2 comments:

  1. can I put all the ingredients in the shake? or will that taste weird? im definately gonna make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the shake? You mean a mixer? I use a juicer, it filters out the solids but squeezes the juice out of everything! In the juicer, you put everything together in whatever order you want :D
      I'll edit the posts with the number of ingredients needed!

      Delete