Saturday, May 26, 2012

What makes you happy?

Today, I decided to ask my friends what makes them happy.

The simple question: "What makes you happy? :)"

Answers varied a lot, from "pasta" to "work". but what shocked me the most is that some just answers with one or two words.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I expected long lists or random thoughts and memories that would've made me smile.



So is it that we take for granted all the little things that make us smile for a second, or that supposedly ''make your day" and then we forget the next morning? Does it have to occur more than once for it to be a memorable event bringing true happiness? How regular does it have to be? How chronic?

We sometimes tend to remember only the bad things -but then again what is BAD? Don't 'bad' things teach us a lot more than 'good' things? Or don't they remind us and make us appreciate the good things?
Say you're sick: You have a terrible headache and you think it can't get worse. So then the only way is up! It can only improve, or you will sleep it off.
When you experience the negative, you tend to think of the positive (as a goal, ideal, etc.). And do we not smile when we think of good things?
You could answer "yes but only when they are available". Bullshit. Think of a rainbow now and I'm sure it will make you feel good. But it's night time.


Here's a list of what makes me happy and I can promise you that's barely even half...

-Sunshine
-Waking up to a blue sky
-Waking up to rain on the window
-Rainbows, more than anything else!
-Thunder, loud loud thunder
-And lightning
-Cupcakes with lots of icing
-When someone doesn't finish the icing of their cake and gives it to me
-Saving food from being thrown away
-Working at the animal shelter
-When someone rescues an abandoned pet
-Cute texts, especially late at night or after waking up
-Doing stupid childish things with my best friends
-Laughing (duh) especially when it turns hysterical and no one else understands why
-Plants that grow on trees
-When someone quits junk food and/or smoking and/or drugs
-Giving presents
-Surprising people with presents
-Doing people favours
-Helping people when they least expect it
-Being helped when I least expect it :D
-A good workout
-Anything to do with beach and the sea
-My yummy green juice
-My yummy berry oatmeal :D
-Tabbouleh
-More food, would take forever to list
-When my dog lets me pet him for hours
-Getting over my shyness to call someone
-Finding something lost
-When new couples form (except sometimes)
-When women take off their veil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-People who grow their own food in their garden
-Eating homegrown food
-Seeing lovey/happy graffitis
-People who smile a lot
-Free hugs
-Hugging people
-Hugging people who don't expect it
-Getting/making a cancellation whilst still in bed :)

I could go on forever and I'll keep updating that list :)

I JUST WANT YOU PEOPLE TO SMILE AND APPRECIATE EVERYTHING LIFE GIVES YOU AND GRAB ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES YOU ARE GIVEN 
<3

So... what makes you happy? :D List it all!

3 comments:

  1. - snoozing my alarm and having that 5 extra minutes
    - having a cig after eating
    - being around friends and people i love
    - my moms voice, smile, and hug
    - my family
    - walking around and seeing londoners smile
    - hearing "excuse me" or "sorry" on oxford st
    - having a seat on the underground between 8-9am or 5-6pm
    - snowwww
    - london sunshine
    - love
    - walking
    - parksss
    - trees
    - vegan foooood
    - frozen yogurtttttt
    - hearing "i love u"
    - saying " i love u"
    - kissing someone i love
    - babies laughter
    - playing with children
    - starbucks coffee frap light with sugar free hazelnut with soya milk
    - platform 9 and 3/4
    - blue eyes
    - green eyes
    - beautiful people
    - heater on a freezing day
    - smelling baby powder
    - falafellll
    - vegan hotdogs
    - honeyyyy
    and much moreeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! The ''sorry'' on oxford street and starbucks comment made me smiiiileee :D

      Delete
  2. thought i would categeorise them too :D , i put it all in a diagram xD


    here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?wqa8njfcwpa3p2j

    great blog :)

    ReplyDelete