Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rainbows and 5's!

This brings me to my most important rule (I don't like rules, I break them but this is an exception):

EAT THE RAINBOW!

The following picture illustrates my point:
So yes, the rainbow comprises entirely of fruits and vegetables!

Try to eat one of each color, EVERY day - trust me on this one, it will lift up your mood and give your body all it needs :)

For example, in one day you can eat these:
Red peppers (raw in salad, steamed or stir fried)

Orange (juice or sliced, even in a salad!)

Broccoli (steamed or stir fried)

Lemon (juice)

Grapes (with oatmeal!)

Blueberries (with oatmeal! check previous post)



BUT i personally think that's not enough.
I try to stick to 5 fruits and 5 vegs every day :)
And if I don't get my 5 and 5, I do feel quite guilty =/


But 5&5 a day only means one thing: MORE GREENS!
Lettuce, spinach, zucchini, kiwi.. (I'll blog about my green juice later)


And don't forget EGGPLANT is also a pretty purple to add to your daily rainbow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment