Thursday, May 17, 2012

RAW FOODISM

Raw foodism is a diet that comprises of uncooked and unprocessed foods only.
It's gaining popularity, mainly by athletes ad people who care about their physique a lot.
Why?
Because apparently it makes your skin glow and prevents ageing.

But the MAIN reason is that it prevents carcinogenic compounds from forming and essential nutrients from being destroyed while cooking (to spare you the scientific detail).

It's also easier if you live in a place with a small or shared kitchen, or don't have time to cook!

So - what do raw foodists eat?
Fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains/nuts, dairy, meat, eggs, honey...

Something like that.
I played around with a stock image.

Although there are vegan/vegetarian variations to this diet, you can still eat raw/cured meats, including sushi! :D

I'd have to cut out breads (especially for gluten intolerance) and that sadly means cake...but raw chocolate is still an option :D

I think it's worth a try. It'll be hard but I'll get creative and hopefully see a difference!

I'm just concerned about rice because I'm so used to it, but I can't stand uncooked nuts (with the exception of almonds). And oatmeal. I'll make 2 exceptions :D

Now, don't forget the greens and the organic-ness!!

PS: I'm unsure about the cheese, I would categorise it as processed but I love mozzarella too much so...

PPS: This girl introduced me to raw foodism:
She's like 16, but looks like a doll -intentionally.
I want this pure skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment