Saturday, October 19, 2013

FLOURLESS VEGAN PIZZA!

Vegetarians kinda have it easy, sure they don't eat meat and they can't really participate at barbecues (unless they've got bell peppers).. but unlike vegans, they get to enjoy pizza anytime anywhere!

As I have written about before, baby cows get taken away from their mothers soon after birth so that she can be (ab)used for milk/cheese production and the baby gets eaten a few weeks later. Not nice..

Thankfully for Asians, TOFU solves not only the protein problem (soy has all 8 essential amino acids) but it also has a consistency very similar to cheese! :)

So with a bit of herbs and olive oil... you can make it taste like any italian cheese!

We made this "ricotta cheese" yesterday:



And with a grain-based (my secret!) crust, we made pizzaaaaaa! :D


They were so good, but we put too much cheese :P It was so much fun making, it was actually the first time I make pizza! I highly recommend trying this, I think tofu cheese is much better than cashew cheese, but I'll have to try that too, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment