Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lemon for Hygiene!

Another miracle fruit:


Only this time... I'm presenting a very unexpected use: 


 DEODORANT! 

Whenever I make a salad, and there's still some juice in the lemon halves and my salad is already saturated, I put some on my face as it clears spots and closes pores. But last night, as I was having dinner, I decided to put that extra lemon juice on my underarms, because I hadn't put any deodorant after  my shower - I use essential oils like Jasmine and Musc, but I wanted to try that out.
This morning I wake up and my underarms smell like...nothing. Just skin!

So I looked it up online and that's what I found:

"It's no mystery that lemon is acidic. That's where its powers in how to use lemon as a deodorant lay. Cut a lemon in half. When you get out of the shower, make sure you dry off completely.

Gently rub the lemon into your armpits. Don't just do this once. Using lemon as deodorant isn't just a quick fix. It's more of a way to "condition" your underarms to stop smelling bad.

When you use lemon as deodorant, you are saturating your underarm Apocrine Glands with the acidic juices. Your Apocrine glands are the ones responsible for creating the foul odor. Apocrine glands release secretions from inside the body. Bacteria is naturally attracted to these secretions before they leave your body.

When the bacteria release toxins and waste into these secretions, it gives the secretions a foul odor. By knowing how to use lemon as deodorant, you neutralize the bacteria in the secretions with the citris acid."


It is recommended to use it just one a day, and not go overboard!

Lemon is also a great way of regulating the pH down there for women, just add a squeeze of lemon during your intimate wash, or add half a lemon to 1 L of water and use that mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment