Saturday, October 5, 2013

Vegan Profile *3*


Ilze is Zane's sister, she is a RAW vegan and I must say she has one hell of a physique! She lives in Australia, whereas Zane is still in Latvia, where they originate from. I think it's great to connect with vegans all over the world, the next couple of profiles will also cover new countries :)


How long have you been vegan for? I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years, and for the last year and a half I have been a raw vegan.
In one sentence, why did you go vegan? I am vegan for my health, for the animals and for the environment.

What improved in your lifestyle when you turned vegan? More radiant glow, improved health, increased fitness levels, clearer mindset.

What's your favorite meal?  I eat mostly raw. Green Juice is my ultimate beauty health secret, it consists of spinach, cucumber, kale, green apple, ginger, lemon, parsley. It gives me a natural high, increased energy, radiant glow and is a natures medicine. Meal - I love to make vegan raw sushi, very delicious, fresh and healthy and I use organic nori algae that has a high nutrition content.

[Pssst...remember my green juice recipe?]

Anything else you would like to tell the world? We've got an abundance of plant based foods that is a natural medicine, no longer we live in an ice age where we needed to eat animals to survive. The raw food diet especially has proven to cure cancers, whereas meat and dairy products, according to many scientific sources (eg. book China Study) contribute to illnesses. It's important to make more conscious choices for the health, animals and environment. It's a good feeling knowing that every day I choose to live consciously causing no harm to other living beings.

“Kindness and compassion towards all living things is a mark of a civilized society. Conversely, cruelty, whether it is directed against human beings or against animals, is not the exclusive province of any one culture or community of people. ” ― César Chávez

No comments:

Post a Comment